Intern – FSQA – Operations- job post
Full Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Currently, there is no formal onboarding food safety and quality assurance training for salaried personnel. An FSQA onboarding training for all salaried personnel within our department, and in support departments will assist in maximizing overall knowledge and exposure of continued safe quality foods processed under the Dole brand, and other private labels. This training will cover all main FSQA tasks, inclusive of, but not limited to: our facility’s Food Safety Program, FSQA verification tasks relative to quality measures and mitigation, traceability requirements and expectations, Crisis Management responsibilities, Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA), and Equipment Commissioning. The intern will work on creating short modules for training throughout the first 90-days of their start date. Following each outlined section, a competency exam will measure knowledge received and ensure the information is passed to them in a way they can clearly understand and retain the expectations. In addition, the intern will create monthly trainings to satisfy our facility’s Training Program.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Thorough understanding of GMPs
- Work closely with FSQA team to understand specific programs that must be trained on during onboarding versus throughout the year
- Research available software or tools in the marketplace for training, in the event our current software does not meet expectations
- Utilize internal resources from our Marketing department to help create visual aids for training
- Other duties as assigned
- 2021 12-week summer internship.
- Paid internship.
- No housing assistance provided.
- Computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop, climb stairs, may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, identify and distinguish colors, and work in a cold environment (35* on Plant floor).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- 40-hour workweek, no overtime expected
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Fall 2021 Junior or Senior majoring in Food Science, Microbiology, Agribusiness or related field.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.