Food Safety & Quality Assurance Internship- job post
HERMAN SEEKAMP INC
Addison, IL 60101
Full Job Description
Clyde’s Donuts has been making donuts/fritters for over 100 years. Clyde’s has a national footprint selling through private-label, retail, and contract customers to in-store supermarket bakeries, convenience stores, foodservice groups, distributors, and contract manufacturing customers across the country. As Clyde’s continues to grow and expand, we need top-notch individuals to help us achieve our results. Join our team and keep our consumers smiling!
Come learn from some of the best! Work alongside talented professionals and contribute to challenging, exciting, and rewarding projects. Our 2021 Summer Internship Program provides real-world experience and an opportunity to build expertise and problem-solving capabilities.
We offer a unique perspective into the world of food manufacturing with a 12-week paid internship in our Food Safety & Quality departments in Addison, IL. As a key player on the team, the Food Safety & Quality Intern will be exposed to several core competencies within the department and company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Add product and ingredient specifications to a centralized database
- Test Sucrose concentration/moisture loss hypothesis for sugar bloom
- Determine shortening pick up for each donut type
- Utilize internal software system to update and maintain calculations based on internal fat/moisture percentages by product type
- Update Regulatory, Food Safety and Quality requirements in preparation for annual audit
- Review and update company SOP’s
- Audit and verify supplier document accuracy
- Provide support in completing TraceGains requests
- Complete a glass and brittle plastic internal audit
- Support validating sanitation processes
- Completed Junior year of college with a concentration in Food Science or related degree
- GPA > 3.20
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Self-driven individual with the ability to work independently
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Strong ability to work in teams and build good relationships
- High degree of personal integrity and work ethics
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); Advanced Excel skills with formulas and pivot tables a plus
Clyde’s Donuts – 15 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.