Quality Assurance Manager
Our client is a manufacturer of custom dry mix and powdered food products. In addition to their branded product lines of cocktail mixes, they are the co-manufacturing choice of Fortune 500 Companies including Hershey, Lipton, Unilever, McCormick and Kraft. They are 100% committed to delivering superior quality, leading the way in co-manufacturing technologies, and providing personal, hands-on service.
Our client currently seeking an experienced Quality Manager who would be responsible for managing the Food Safety and Quality department at their Atlanta facility, including full oversight of their food safety and quality programs to meet regulatory requirements and customer specific requirements. In addition, this role acts as the direct liaison to their contract manufacturing customers. This position entails a great deal of analysis, customer contact, attention to detail, and routine follow-up activities. The Quality Manager position reports to the Vice President of Quality.
The position will lead the design, implementation, and ongoing compliance of their Quality Management System. Provide technical support to the facility and in conjunction with their customers on food safety and quality issue resolution and corrective actions. Work with their internal partners (purchasing, logistics R&D, production) to assure compliance with our internal and customer specific food safety and quality requirements. Leads their HACCP/Food Safety team and ensures full compliance to all GFSI (i.e. BRC) requirements.
- Implement, manage, and audit the HACCP/Food Safety Program.
- Manage, lead, and coordinate continuous improvement efforts and programs related to food safety and quality processes and systems, including defining performance measures.
- Develop and implement technical plans, clearly defining the critical issues and approach to be used in resolving food safety and quality issues.
- Implement and manage the new product development process to ensure all critical quality and food safety program requirements are maintained and accurate.
- Provide food safety and quality expertise to internal teams and determine food safety and quality requirements and recommendations ensuring full compliance to regulatory and customer requirements.
- Lead Food Safety and Quality training program development and execution.
- Assure all raw materials used comply with the Supplier Management program and meet the expectations of the customers.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in new product trials/development including interpretation of customer expectations and issuance of batch records to production.
- Ensures all equipment is operating within expected parameters using statistical process control methods.
- Ensures adherence to Critical to Quality (CTQ) attributes for all products and processes and employs continuous improvement strategies to ensure first time right product.
- Leads in development, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing food safety programs.
- Supports the QC Supervisor and Technicians in problem solving as needed.
- Establishes quality and food safety metrics to evaluate trends and communicate to senior leadership.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in food safety or science/engineering related field.
- Minimum five to seven year’s experience with USDA and/or FDA products in a food safety and quality functional role
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development, training and auditing of HACCP plans, sanitation programs, regulatory compliance, specification adherence, and various other food safety & quality programs with Suppliers and/or Co-Manufacturers.
- HACCP/PCQI Certified required with comprehensive understanding of new FSMA requirements.
- GFSI (preferably SQF and/or BRC) training/certification required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with internal customers and supply management.
- Strong language skills, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with associates at all levels of the organization as well as third party agencies and regulatory officials.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and provide direction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with strong interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of food safety science and principles including microbiological food safety risks and corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems, handle multiple and sometime conflicting priorities
- Ability to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
- Ability to work extended work hours and shifts as necessary, including weekends
- Will be required to perform tasks such as lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, standing, climbing, reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing, grasping, and balancing as part of production activities out on the floor
- Will be required to see and hear well enough to understand associate’s questions and respond to their concerns.
All candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.