Intern – Innovation – R&D- job post
Full Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The R&D intern will investigate feasibility of extending shelf life of ready to eat (RTE) salads by assessing sensory and microbiological activity in order to make a recommendation to the business on the extension of shelf life or not.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Ready to Eat Salad Bowls Shelf Life Extension Project
- Assist in coordination of plant trials
- Conduct shelf life analysis
- Prepare shelf life reports
- Provide recommendation to business
- Assist with assembling both customer and consumer research samples
- Other duties as assigned
- 2021 12-week summer internship.
- Paid internship.
- No housing assistance provided.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop, climb stairs, climb on and off plant equipment.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- 40-hour workweek, no overtime expected
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Fall 2021 Junior or Senior majoring in Food Science or related bio-science field.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.