Process Technology Intern- job post
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Full Job Description
McCormick & Company, Incorporated , a global leader in flavor, is seeking a Process Technology Intern in its Technical Innovation Center (TIC) located at 204 Wight Avenue in Hunt Valley, MD . This is a 10-week internship (June 2021 – August 2021) which requires 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
To Stand Together for the Future of Flavor
At McCormick, you’ll join us in “Saving the World From Boring Food” and fulfill your desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Employees throughout our global corporation are united by two things – a passion for flavor and driving results. People are drawn to McCormick because of a culture that challenges them to reach their full potential.
Our 10 week Summer Internship Program in Hunt Valley, MD allows college students to get a glimpse into what it’s like to be a part of the McCormick family – rich in flavor, culture, and employee empowerment .
During your time as an Intern you will sharpen your leadership skills, work on real-world challenges, and collaborate with the best leaders in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to network with executives, participate in social events with other interns, and give back to the community. We are looking for the next generation of problem solvers to drive change within McCormick. Are you up for the challenge?
PLEASE NOTE : Candidates who require visa sponsorship for employment now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
- Assist with daily ingredient and product assessment including sample documentation, assessment preparation, data acquisition & analysis and written reporting.
- Conduct an independent research project in an area of agreed upon mutual interest – proposal, execution and written and oral presentation at conclusion of internship.
- Work directly with internal product and process development teams providing hands-on assistance and project guidance.
- Collaborate with other scientists and technologists to deliver ad hoc project results in a timely manner.
- Enrollment as an undergraduate college Sophomore, Junior, Senior or graduate student in a relevant program for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Enrollment as a Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Nutrition Science or other central science major for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Grade point average overall minimum of 3.0/4.0 and 3.25 within major
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Interest in product / process development, food manufacturing and sensory science
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Ability to perform data analysis
- Prior exposure to and/or familiarity with food science and processing concepts
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.