Join a growing team of product developers to develop plant based dips and sauces in the Mid-Atlantic states with this multi-million dollar food manufacturer. This individual will be working in breakthrough innovation, developing new products for the retail industry.
Must demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and work independently to:
- Lead the development of new products from concept through commercialization meeting project deliverables. Participate in consumer test design, develop prototypes, lead trials, realize scale up, develop specifications and technical documentation needed.
- Apply technical knowledge and expertise to design and developing new product/processes. Provide design and processing parameters inputs for new products.
- Proactively mitigates risks ensuring smooth execution by applying learnings from different experiences
- Build and share technical capabilities for the organization leveraging internal and/or external expertise
- Support and influence the creation or improvement of R&D relevant processes to enhance efficiency. Lead the identification and solution of cost savings and productivity initiatives in product using appropriate technical due diligence.
- Focuses team on right priorities and aligns the team to achieve assigned results
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and leadership skills interacting with Business Partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Food Science, Food Engineer, Chemical Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with a proven track record in new product development & commercialization
- Ability to provide leadership on both strategic and tactical aspects for new product development & commercialization
- A passion for food. Culinary orientation and ability to translate consumer insights to craveable products. Culinary degree or culinary training (Preferred)
- Strong communication skills, effective communicator to all levels of the organization
- Innovative, creative with problem solving capability
- Experience using SAP/PLM (Preferred)
- Timely support of meetings and communication across time zones that require schedule flexibility
- Ability to manage multiple projects and balance short and long-term initiatives
- Awareness and adaptability to different cultural environments
- 40% travel expected with ability to travel internationally as needed
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.