Our client is one of the world’s largest restaurant companies and a Fortune 250 company. With a diverse workforce and ongoing opportunities for personal and professional success, they have built a culture that rewards and recognizes great effort while providing the work/life balance that is so important.
They believe in their people, trust in their positive intentions, and encourage ideas from everyone, The Company is a place where anyone can, and does, make a difference. It’s an un-corporate corporation where they are a team, yet they take a tremendous amount of pride in each individual and believe in acknowledging a job well done on every level. They don’t stop until they achieve breakthrough results, so they encourage you to master your skill set, while constantly expanding your expertise. This tried-and-true practice keeps every day dynamic and encourages long, rewarding careers.
They are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Supervisor.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE FOOD QUALITY ASSURANCE EXPERIENCE!!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Lead the food safety and quality agenda by serving the highest levels of product safety to a conscious consumer driving a long-term strategy by continually improving the quality of our clients products sourced from regional food suppliers and distributors, as well as, restaurant operations.
Contribute to the continuous development of quality systems, anticipation and mitigation of risk to consumer health, legal compliance, and implementation of global brand standards.
Drive the food safety roadmap in the region providing visibility of the strategy to gain support from all required departments, including Franchise partners and ensure restaurant ready launches of any new process
Organizations Supported: Our clients Latin America and Caribbean (+1500 restaurants, 41 markets).
External auditors: 30+
- Maintain and continue to build 100% compliance to our clients Quality Assurance (QA) Food Safety program by ensuring franchise partners’ local practices and suppliers are approved according to brand standards. Provide coaching and food safety training when needed.
- Assist markets to ensure the highest levels of Food Safety and Quality are met locally by all vendors, suppliers, and strategic partners. Ensure probation suppliers get re-audited within specified time and that thorough action plans are in place to close non-conformities. Coordinate audits and local QA evaluation with franchise partners’ suppliers.
- Evaluate suppliers risk assessment based on QA program, guidelines and through audit scores. Establish and follow actions plans with suppliers to maintain high levels of food safety and increase quality.
- Coordinate the implementation of QA programs and develop specific programs when necessary. Create and/or update all of the specifications for our clients products and maintain the system with accurate information.
- Capability to engage, influence & align with other functions & Franchise partners in pursuit of continuous improvement objectives in Food Safety.
- Keep TrueView platform (Supplier Management Website) organized and up-to-date. Monitor with local QA Managers to ensure Specifications and Quality Assurance Programs (QAP’s) are updated in the system for all local ingredients.
- Provide guidance on new product development projects regarding food safety for all relevant new menu products. Ensure restaurant procedures developed for new ingredients are safe.
- Follow up on KPI and cutting reports sent by markets. Ensure corrective actions are in place to amend any risk or gap.
- Support Operations on Food Safety initiatives at restaurant level.
- Analyze safety and quality data through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) regarding food products provided to our brand. Define and follow through with the supplier on corrective action plans to amend any risk or nonconformance.
- Act as an interface between franchise partners and the company in order to resolve technical and daily quality complaints related to supplier. Promptly address any food safety risk design flaw and redefine procedures or product specifications as needed.
- Performs other duties and ad-hoc projects as required.
No direct reports; however, the person in this position will provide coaching and support to market counterparts as well as suppliers and auditors.
LA&C FIT, HR & Training, Operations, RSCS (Supply chain support)
Franchise Partners: QA, SCM, Operations and General Management.
Vendors and 3rd party audit agencies
Local regulatory and health agencies, and local food industry association forums, councils and committees.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED
– Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Food Science, Food Technology or related discipline.
– Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the food industry, including food safety, QA or related field. Experience with food manufacturing including an overall understanding of production facilities, quality improvement methods and product development requirements. Experience in poultry science preferred.
– Certification in Quality: Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and quality auditor. Full awareness of food safety legislation throughout Latin America.
– Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task several priorities
– Ability to problem solving on tactical levels, reach sound conclusions, and take appropriate actions independently.- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
– Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet strict deadlines. Solid organizational and analytical skills.
– Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills. Ability to communicate at different level of the organization.
– Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
– Spanish language written and spoken required, Portuguese a plus
All candidates must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.