ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assist in obtaining USDA/FSIS label approval, temporary approvals, and extensions for U.S. products.
- Provide U.S. food labeling guidance while collaborating with the development team to help the company maintain a “best in class” status.
- Assist in development of mandatory label requirements and compliance with all label related claims.
- Participate in team development of new product names, claims, and solutions to continue a creative brand and product offering.
- Provide answers to label compliance related questions and issues.
- Assist in the constant improvement of labeling systems, processes, content, and oversight while maintaining consistency and agility.
- Assist in developing, testing, and updating appropriate food labeling policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintain professional knowledge and keep up to-date with current labeling regulations and trends by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a database to track label change history.
- BS is Food Science, Nutrition or related fields (a combination of education and/or experience will be taken into consideration).
- Minimum 5 years of food industry experience in labeling and or regulatory affairs.
- Knowledge of food product development.
- Understanding of the Code of Federal Regulations pertaining to labeling (Title 21 and Title 9) along with knowledge of regulatory processes pertaining to labeling.
- Understanding of food safety and allergens.
- Additional experience with Ready To Eat Foods is a plus.
JOB SKILLS / BEHAVIOR
- Strong working knowledge with the ability to interpret USDA‘s and FDA’s CFR with respect to food label regulations and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and priorities with multiple departments and teams.
- Ability to share knowledge and mentor others within the team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to provide creative solutions.
All Applicants must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.