Our client is a leader in the plant based dipping arena. They offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a tremendous opportunity to use your innovations skills in the field of food science.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of 3 – 5 creative individuals developing that group into a high performing R&D unit.
- Create a pipeline of ideas for new platforms and breakthrough innovations in the area of fresh dips and spreads, in conjunction with Marketing and Consumer Insights.
- Launch new platforms and breakthrough innovations in test markets, regional markets, and national launches with a cross functional team.
- Investigate and develop new technologies that can bring unique benefits to consumers and customers and elevate the food experiences for our client.
- Create and maintain a network of external resources including suppliers, contract manufacturers, research institutions, market research firms, product development firm, and other resources to supplement the internal team.
- Network with international partners to inspire their innovation pipelines and pull learnings from those areas that can be executed in the U.S.
- Inspire and elevate the innovation spirit within R&D and the entire team.
To be successful, the candidate should exhibit:
- Technical depth and working knowledge of food science and product development with a track record of launching innovative products into the market place.Preference for fresh or refrigerated products.
- Strong project management skills.Preference for start-up experience or experience with test markets.
- Track record of innovative thinking and ability to pull inspiration from different disciplines.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Candidate must display strong leadership skills including above average ability to:
- Influence others
- Work in cross functional teams
- Communicate clearly – written and verbal
- Drive for alignment and decisions
- Provide courageous leadership
- Boldness in decision making
- Build a high-performance team
This position requires 8 – 10 years of experience in the commercialization of products in a consumer facing environment, and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in food science, nutrition, culinary or other related field.Up to 40% travel may be required.
Our client celebrates an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.
Must be a citizen or resident of the US, as no sponsorship is available.