Our client is a leading manufacturer of refrigerated dips and spreads. They have a new opportunity for a Project Manager II, at their location in the mid-Atlantic states. This position will lead, manage, and execute large and complex engineering projects in a fast-paced food processing environment.
This role will manage a variety of projects including breakthrough and new platform projects including test markets. These projects will be higher in complexity, strategic importance and have a greater impact on the organization. In addition, this person will become the stage gate expert within the organization and will revise the process as needed to fit the needs of the company. This person will also assist additional regions with their stage gate process and track the global innovation pipeline for the company and provide tools for the organization to manage the project portfolio within the company.
The incumbent will:
- Maintain the stage gate process within the company refining and revising as needed and providing technical expertise to Obela regions as needed
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility for breakthrough and platform projects
- Develop timelines, key milestones, and a detailed plan for project execution and monitor and track progress during the project execution.
- Coordinate and manage cross functional team meetings and ensure that action registers are maintained and communication of next steps is clear to the cross functional team
- Develop with key stakeholders, report outs of progress or escalation of key risks to management as needed
- Proven working experience in project management
- Strong interpersonal skills including influencing and creating alignment
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification preferred
- 3 to 5 years in a related area with project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience. Engineering, food science, or other science based degrees are preferred.
Project manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Managing processes and evolving processes as business needs change
- Facilitating change management
- Providing strategic leadership
- Managing projects – timeline and resource management
- Prioritizing projects within a portfolio
- Organizing and prioritizing resources
- Developing and tracking budgets, key milestones, and other metrics
- Utilizing problem solving techniques and steering teams to appropriate resolution for issues
- Communicating information in a clear and concise fashion across all levels – written and verbal
- Intellectual curiosity
- Business acumen including ability to understand financial metrics associated with innovation, renovation, COGS, and productivity projects
- Candidate must display strong leadership skills including above average ability to:
- Influence others
- Drive for alignment and decisions
- Provide courageous leadership
- Boldness in decision making
Staff and Budget
- This position will have not direct reports but will be influencing across all levels of the organization from cross functional teams to the executive team.
- No operating budget will be managed by this person
Some travel approximately 20% may be required with this job.
All applicants must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.