Our client is a home-delivered meal service providing full prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide and have been in business for over 18 years. They provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, this is the place for you! Our client is looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
They are looking for an experienced Strategic Sourcing Manager to lead our overall sourcing strategy for a varied list of purchased items and Suppliers. This position does not manage people but plays a key, strategic role in our organization. This position requires a strategic thinking individual who also has a deep understanding of food safety initiatives and the tactical side of Supply Chain.
- Identify and develop Supplier base for key food ingredients and packaging items.
- Become the company expert on industry trends and ensure company roadmap is supported by a broad base of Suppliers.
- Develop, maintain, and present long-term strategic roadmaps to company leadership.
- Consolidate contract requirements from internal stakeholders and lead Supplier contract negotiations.
- Build and maintain Total Cost Models to help ensure optimized balance between cost and quality requirements.
- Drive product redesign initiatives.
- Accountable to develop strong second sources on key items.
- Bachelor’s Degree required Supply Chain, Business related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Strategic Sourcing / Commodity Management in a Food company. Experience must be within the last seven years.
- Must have extensive experience in managing supplier relations in the Food Ingredients and Packaging Supplier industry.
- Knowledge of FSMA and Food Safety, PCQI Certified (preferred), willingness to be trained
- Proficient with Sharepoint, Microsoft Office Suite, ERP system (preferably Microsoft AX)
- Ability to multi task and excellent organization skills
- Team Player. Has excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Office environment with regular need to be inside of various production facilities.
Travel up to 25% of time
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.