Our client is a multi-billion dollar dairy manufacturer. They have a new opportunity for a Sr. Director of Operations in the Southeast outside of Washington DC.
This position involves strategic leadership, setting organizational standards, and developing others regarding profitability of the plants. Two plants in the local area will report to this individual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the operations.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Develop long-range operational goals and objectives that incorporate solid continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identifies manufacturing processes or procedures that could benefit from process improvement and/or efficiency optimization, and approves the implementation of changes.
- Develops a manufacturing plan and production schedule that increases profit while reducing overhead.
- Establishes quality and safety standards
- Tracks organizational performance with incorporation of solid well defined and communicated KPI’s.
- Provide leadership in mentoring and developing team members.
- Recommends policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Champion the implementation of SAP and implement the appropriate organizational enhancements to insure a smooth transition
Education and Experience:
Bachelor Degree and 10 or more years of experience in operations management, preferably in dairy or high speed beverages.
Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical and Creative thinking skills
- Leadership Skills
- Problem Management
- Planning skills
- SAP experience a plus
- Solid Business acumen
- Travel up to 5% of the work week
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at (954)428-3888 or email@example.com