The Director of Planning and Procurement manages the team responsible for all aspects of Master Scheduling, Production Planning, Strategic and Tactical Procurement. This position requires a unique blend of strategic thinking and tactical implementation of same. This position also requires someone with a deep understanding of end-to-end ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems who can leverage the ERP system to seamlessly integrate Planning and Procurement into the broader organization. The right candidate will have a thorough understanding of how other functions impact Planning and Procurement, and how Planning and Procurement policies and activities impact the end-to-end Supply Chain.
- Manage the Master Scheduling team and ensure a strong forecast process by blending data inputs from sales history, future product Roadmaps, seasonality impacts, and ongoing Sales & Marketing customer contract bids.
- Responsible to ensure the Master Scheduler maintains a Finished Goods inventory plan that supports strong customer order fill rates while minimizing the risk of having excess and obsolete inventory.
- Work with the Master Scheduling & IT Teams to develop plans to optimize the ERP Scheduling module and develop reporting tools.
- Manages a team of Strategic Sourcing Managers with responsibilities for alternative sourcing strategies using an enterprise Total Cost Model approach.
- Develop and maintain a Strategic Sourcing strategy by working with R&D to develop and maintain the company’s Product Roadmap.
- Build relationships with a broad base of Suppliers to support the company Roadmap and ensure customer’s needs are met with industry leading meal variety and nutritionals.
- Manages the Supplier contract negotiations strategy and ensure all key internal stakeholders are part of the contracting process.
- Responsible for continuous cost management, striking an optimized balance between cost of quality and the item’s unit price.
- Drives implementation of SMI (Supplier Managed Inventory) Plans with key Suppliers for critical food, packaging, and supply items.
Tactical Procurement & Planning:
- Manage a Team of Buyer / Planners executing the conversion of the Master Schedule into timely procurement of food, packaging, and supply items required to support operations.
- Define and implement KPIs to ensure optimized performance at the tactical level.
- Must develop tools to daily monitor and manage OTD (On Time Delivery) to ensure risk of shortages is minimized and shortages that do occur and quickly addressed.
- Responsible for overall inventory levels, ensuring company strikes an optimized balance between use of capital and risk of shortages.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years management and ten years of experience in various Procurement and Planning functions.
- Experience in various Supply Chain functions including Receiving, Warehousing, Shipping, Logistics, MRP Systems, NPI, and Item Life Cycle Management strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Office environment with regular need to be inside of various production facilities.
- Travel up to 25% of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All applicants must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
For more information contact Elizabeth at email@example.com or call (954) 428-3888