Our client is a home-delivered meal service providing fully prepared, refrigerated meal solutions direct to homes nationwide for over 18 years. They provide seniors, patients recovering post-discharge and those managing a chronic condition with tailored nutrition solutions to manage their specific needs. If you are passionate about the well-being of others and have a strong sense of community, this could be the place for you! We are a family operated business looking for fun, compassionate, and friendly people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
The Sanitation Manager provides servant leadership in all areas of food safety, quality, sanitation and compliance. The Sanitation Manager is the liaison for regulatory personnel including onsite USDA/FSIS inspectors. The Sanitation Manager provides management to all Sanitation Supervisors and Technicians/Sanitors. This position reports directly to the Sr Sanitation Manager. This position will have a dotted line reporting to the site Plant Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- ·Oversee sanitation and food safety programs, including implementation, staff training and documentation
- ·Provide plant sanitation food safety leadership to the sanitation department
- ·Provide communication between management and food safety, quality assurance and sanitation team
- ·Work with USDA, FDA and state inspectors; perform environmental and product testing samples as needed
- ·Answer Non Compliance Records (NRs) when applicable
- ·Maintain/Update Master Sanitation Schedule and food safety plans as requirements/rules and product lines change
- ·Assist with annual HACCP reassessment
- ·Assure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- ·Use all required safety equipment and consistently follow all food-related sanitation and operating safety guidelines; ensure that sanitation staff does the same
- ·Maintain current library for all GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs; manage GMP training and development programs.
- ·Perform other duties as assigned by the Food Safety Management Team
- 5 or more years of experience in a supervisory role in a food manufacturing environment
- 5 or more years of experience in USDA/FSIS inspected post slaughter operations
- Knowledge of HACCP and experience in implementation of Sanitation Plans
- Working knowledge of food regulations and guidelines as outlined in Title 9 & 21 CFR
- HACCP Certification in cooperation with the International HACCP Alliance
- ·JOB SKILLS / BEHAVIORS/COMPETENCIES
- ·Must be abled to work independently and be self directed
- ·Must be able to communicate persuasively and passionately about the need for food safety & proper sanitation
- ·Must have the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing with coworkers, regulatory officials, and plant management;
- ·Must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- ·MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
- Position is responsible for managing & supervising the site sanitation crew composed of up to 13 hourly sanitors, a team leader and a supervisor
- ·DECISION MAKING
- On a daily basis, the Sanitation Manager will be responsible for the sanitation of the facility and allocation of sanitation manpower.
- ·INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACT
- Corporate Technical Services Management Team
- Plant Managers and Corporate Leadership
- Federal and state regulatory personnel
- Site Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
- ·PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Person is required to have good eyesight with no color blindness.
- ·Type of Work
- Moderately Active
- Work will involve being in hot or cold environments for extended periods of time.
- Person will need to be able to stand for long periods of time and actively move around equipment and relatively small spaces.
- Physical Work
- Periodically be able to move large totes or carts of food and supplies.
- Climb ladders and observe overhead pipelines from heights.
- Extreme Conditions:
- Extended work at temperatures below 40°F and potentially down to 0°F.Work at temperatures above 80°F for extended periods of time.
- Moderately Active
Our client complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, national origin, ancestry, color, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or military status.
For more information, please contact Liz at email@example.com or call (954) 428-3888