For over 25 years, our client has been known for quality, service and value. They hand pack only the finest frozen meats, vegetables and specialty items in clear bags and sell them in independent grocery store in 35 states. As this is a new role, the right individual will lead the company into the future with a high level of leadership and guidance in food safety. They are moving into a larger facility this summer, and need this individual to lead the plant to SQF certification, comply with FSMA rules, and coordinate labeling procedures. Products are under USDA and FDA inspections. Position reports to the Vice President. Position is based in the Southeast.
- Provide leadership and guidance for our food safety program
- Continuous improvement
- Enforce food safety policies
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and FSMA
- SQF certification and training
- Prevention, traceability, Testing,
- Will be the company liaison with USDA, FDA and local government agencies.
- Communicate with management to implement food safety and QC
- Assist and advise management on sanitation
- Advise on efficiencies while ensuring food safety
- Coordinate labeling procedures
- Advise as needed product and category development
- Keep informed of new industry standards
- Provide insight for implementation of development
Education: BS degree required
Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.