Our client is among the nation’s most diverse and creative food service beverage providers.
They are seeking a passionate R&D leader to a join a talented senior management team of a private equity owned, manufacturer of Juice Concentrates, Juice Drinks, Cocktail Mixes, Smoothie mixes, Powdered Frappes for the food service industry.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President – R&D, Quality and Regulatory will be responsible for the development of high quality food service beverage solutions from conceptualization to commercialization.In addition, the candidate will also have Quality & Food safety as well as Regulatory oversight. He/She will manage the company’s current formula portfolio as well as craft a future innovation strategy.He/She will work cross functionally with sales, marketing, manufacturing and finance to optimize existing formulas, as well as, drive the new product development process through commercialization.
- ·Lead and influence company strategies for growth in the beverage industry and drive overall beverage technology development.
- ·Own all regulatory compliance aspects, as well as, oversee all Quality and Food Safety processes and systems.
- ·Effectively communicate R&D science and technology programs to senior business leadership to gain support on strategy.
- ·Provide technical leadership and guidance to enhance the quality of company products.
- ·Utilize expertise in citrus concentrates and juice chemistry to gain competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- ·Develop and leverage relationships with industry and academic associations/agencies to gain access to new technology.
- ·Develop and direct the design and development of new products and the improvement of existing products.
- ·Initiate, plan, direct, execute, implement and report on activities related to the development of new products, improvements or cost savings ideas.
- ·Partner with sales and marketing to engage with customers to support the selling process.
15+ years beverage industry experience with a MS or PhD in Food Science or related science. Beverage industry experience would be considered a big plus.
The ideal candidate needs to have completed an advanced Food Science curriculum and understand and apply effective skills in research project management, food chemistry, flavor chemistry and food process technology.
In addition to strong scientific skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to effectively build and develop relationships. He or she will be responsible for building rapport with customers and suppliers to add value to our products and services.
Keep current on relevant regulatory issues and provide compliance guidance and strategy. Protect intellectual property and developing technologies. Delight our customers and stakeholders.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Posted On: Thursday, February 7, 2019