Our client is a multi-billion dollar dairy manufacturer located in the Northeast. They have a new opportunity for a Vice President of Contract Manufacturing.
This position will be responsible for all aseptic activities at both Winchester and Sacramento. The position will have direct reporting responsibility for both aseptic plant managers, engineering/continuous improvement. The position will also have direct responsibility for the contract manufacturing team. Position will work closely with VP of OPS ESL so expectations and go forward activities are fully aligned across the two plants for aseptic and ESL. The position will have full alignment with QA, procurement and R&D on all business activities as well as goals and objectives. The position will also play a critical role working with both plants on how Aseptic and ESL operations can leverage each other to achieve a cost effective coexistence. The position will also be tasked to make recommendations on operational and organizational changes that can make this division more effective for future growth. Position will report directly to the Sr. VP of Operations. This role requires experience in being adept at working in a matrix organization.Successful traits include thriving with ambiguity, strong collaboration skills, ability to influence at all levels and being tenacious in the face of business challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility of aseptic P&L “manufactured onsite”. Which includes top line as well as bottom line growth.
- Direct responsibility for the contract manufacture team which includes customer management/relations, from onboarding new customers to managing current relationships, includes new business. This also includes contract management.
- The position will have 4-direct reports. The position will also play a key role in the development of his staff’s skillset.
- Maintaining established KPI’s including setting new expectations bi-annually.
- Responsible for all performance associated with the aseptic process, from incoming packaging and ingredient procurement and quality, to efficient production flow from batching, processing, filling and packaging. This also includes management of the aseptic finish good warehouse locations.
- Working on clear output improvements that minimally get the line average from the current 115mm per line average to 140mm bottles per line.
- Responsible for auditing / inspecting all Aseptic SOP’s and aligning / assuring consistency of all SOP’s at both locations. This includes areas such as testing, cleaning /chemical activities, blending as well as any other operational activities. No changes will occur unless this role approves. Anything affecting food safety, regulatory or product quality will need to be mutually agreed to by the Director of Quality and this role.
- Responsible for coordinating all plant trials, partnering with R&D, QA and the customer.
- Responsible for coordinating all formulation changes, partnering with R&D, customer, regulatory and QA. Insure all regulatory, labeling & testing due diligence has been performed before change at the plants take place.
- Responsible for all new customer onboarding, working with R&D and QA.
- Work closely with QA on possible changes and or enhancements with testing protocols.
- Monitor all operational & quality results looking at trends for possible issues and or improvements.
- Oversee and responsible for all validation/revalidation work at the sites.
- Responsible for approving all equipment modifications, additions and or replacements and assuring the two plants are as close to the same as physically possible.
- Involved at the sites with all internal and external audits.
- Responsible for staying up to date on current aseptic industry best practices and bringing innovative solutions and technologies to HP Hood Aseptic plants. Conducting benchmark activates to help guide us in achieving the most optimal and effective bus
- Make capital recommendations and aligning with all respected teams on project management, oversight and outcome.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience within Operations/Quality and leadership in the Beverage industry required.
- Strong customer relations experience along with contract execution skills.
- Strong Aseptic knowledge and practical experience required
- Site oversite experience required
- Cross functional experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong project management skills required
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Posted On: Thursday, January 31, 2019