Our client is a leading manufacturer of refrigerated dips and spreads. They have a new opportunity for an Engineering Program Manager, at their location in the mid-Atlantic states. This position will lead, manage, and execute large and complex engineering projects in a fast-paced food processing environment. As part of a broader Engineering team, the ideal person will have broad autonomy across engineering disciplines and will be a key player in planning, execution, and CQV of all major capital installations. This role will report into the Sr. Director of Global Engineering.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to meet project goals of cost, schedule and technical correctness.
- Partner with external engineering design build firms and construction contractors.
- ·Manage the RFQ/RFP process for major capital projects including contract negotiations, issuing POs, and approving invoices.
- Lead the justification for all major engineering projects globally and obtain business approval for capital appropriation request (CAR).
- Manage and forecast cash flows and depreciation of all CAPEX projects.
- Partner with R&D, Marketing, Sales, Demand Planning etc. on the Commercialization and Innovation Stage Gate Processes.
- Participate in strategic planning of capacity, long term facility maintenance, and new site installations.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with third party AED firms, contractors, and key equipment vendors.
- Provide leadership and coaching for the global engineering team through all project phases
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering
- ·10+ years of experience in Capital Project management of projects $15MM-40MM.Experience with Greenfield or Brownfield installations is a plus.
- ·Demonstrated project management and technical team leadership at both headquarters and plant locations.International CAPEX experience is a huge plus.
- Expertise in food processing systems preferably in a refrigerated or frozen environment.
- Advanced knowledge on PFDs, P&IDs, equipment layouts, batch and continuous processing equipment, packaging equipment, controls/HMIs, and utility systems.
- ·Experience with GMPs, HACCP, and regulatory bodies such as FDA, USDA, SQF, AIB, etc.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite of products, AutoCAD, Primavera, SAP etc.)
- Excellent ability to communicate technical and business information with all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and team development skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced and results oriented culture
- Role will require travel up to 40%.Additional flexibility needed to lead and participate in international project teams.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Posted On: Friday, February 15, 2019