Food Science Jobs
Please use the menu on the right to search for positions at our Online Job Center
For more information, please call: (954) 428-3888 or Resumes at FoodScience.com
FEATURED POSITION: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST (#979-MH811)
Our client, the world’s leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods, has a Product Development Scientist opportunity available at their corporate office in the Midwest.
Scope of Position:
Manage and lead small and medium projects and assist on large projects to develop and introduce new products, improve product quality, productivity and capacity in operations worldwide. Act as a technical resource to various functions within the Company and provide high impact support to project teams. Develop and refine food products from idea generation through proof of concept to commercialization.
In your role as Product Development Scientist, you will be part of the Company's success by:
- Providing innovative, timely and cost-effective improvements, concepts, developments or scientific insight and understanding with respect to new or existing products or processes worldwide.
- Assuming the role of innovator, project leader, and technical problem solver as you team with cross-functional partners including other Developers, QA, Innovation Marketing, Marketing Research, and Manufacturing.
- Developing, organizing, managing, and coordinating projects while increasing level of understanding of products, processes, and methods.
- Being actively involved in innovation/renovation/cost optimization activities including process development, product formulation, design of unique unit operations and plant start-ups.
Skills and Experience:
In addition to a hunger to learn and succeed in Research and Development, to be considered for this position, you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor or Masters of Science Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of ingredient functionality, food science, and consumer insights to facilitate design of new products and formulations
- Manage projects, plan and coordinate project activities, communicate progress and challenges, and be a technical expert
- Have flexibility to work beyond normal workday hours, shift work, and some weekends. Operation of process equipment is required.
- Leadership, cost consciousness, communication skills, and diplomacy that will promote good relations with all facets of worldwide management and other technical and scientific disciplines in the effective execution of projects
- Ability to function effectively as a Project Team Member and Technical Expert
- Internship in food-related field
- Ability to travel to manufacturing or test facilities 25-40% of the time.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Moira McGrath, (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE CAREER CENTER
All salaries are commensurate with degree and experience.