1191 E. Newport Center Drive
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Phone: (954) 428-3888
Fax: (954) 428-5470
ONLINE CAREER CENTER
Search for a Position View All Job Listings Academic Positions Engineering Marketing Nutrition Operations Packaging Product Development Quality Assurance R & D Regulatory Sensory Technical Sales Technical Services Student Internships Post A Résumé All salaries are commensurate with degree and experience.
SENIOR SENSORY ANALYST, FLAVOR QC
Our client develops, produces, and sells flavors and functional ingredients that are used in foods, beverages, and health products. They currently have an opportunity for a Senior Sensory Analyst, Flavor QC, at their facility in the Northeast.
The Sr. Sensory Analyst utilizes his/her expertise in flavor materials and interpretive skills to determine organoleptic acceptability of raw materials, intermediates and finished products. This position works independently, is highly organized, mentors junior staff, drives the daily priorities, investigates non-conformance and is the key contact of the Sensory Lab in the absence of the Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Sample set up, sensory evaluation and interpretation, clean up, data entry, file and maintain retain library, report non-conformances, coordinate sensory panels and update inspection plans.
B. Investigate internal and external non-conformances. Provide interpretive evaluation support for the purposes of material grading, troubleshooting raw ingredients and finished products and provide sensory expertise for QC and divisional projects.
C. Establish, revise, and maintain Sensory Quality SOPs, harmonize taste rates, bases and standards with Flavor Development and customers.
D. Review daily supply-chain management priority reports and production status 70 reports. Maintain adequate inventory of lab supplies.
A: Conform to documented roles and responsibilities for this position.
B: Perform all allied duties as assigned by QC Management.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
• BS in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years' experience performing sensory evaluation in a flavor QC or R&D lab.
• Proven expertise in evaluation of flavor materials required.
• No allergy or dietary restrictions that would prohibit tasting of savory, sweet and other natural and artificial flavor chemicals.
• Knowledge of Quality processes, GLP, GFSI-SQF, cGMP, ISO 9001.
• SAP preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of flavor materials and their associated sensory profiles.
- Excellent sensory acuity and organoleptic interpretation skills.
- Good working vocabulary of industry-accepted sensory evaluation descriptors.
- Strong organizational ability with focused attention to detail.
-Able to consistently make accurate discriminatory and interpretive sensory judgments.
- Able to work under pressure, determine priorities, organize resources and meet QC timelines.
- Able to lead and mentor Sensory Analysts in evaluation technique and interpretation.
- Able to effectively develop and implement corrective actions supporting product quality, process efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Professional, clear, concise and effective communication in verbal and written format.
- Able to develop and publicly present sensory QC data to the division, customers and vendors.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft office, SAP and collateral QC computer systems.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For additional information, please contact Barbara Bond, (954)428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view all of our Job Listings, please...
For more information, please call:
954 428-3888 or Resumes at FoodScience.com
To view more jobs visit our Online Career Center to search for the perfect position: